David F. Dabbs
Dave Dabbs joins our firm in 2016 with nearly 25 years of experience in employment law and related areas. He has advised both individuals and employers during his time as a solo practitioner, as well as 18 years in the Labor and Employment and Employee Benefit sections at McGuireWoods LLP in Richmond. He is highly experienced in compensation and benefit disputes, as well as more general employment, contract, discrimination, and harassment issues. Mr. Dabbs is admitted to practice in both the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia and has represented clients in the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eleventh U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals. He holds a B.A. from Duke University, magna cum laude, and received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1991.
Mr. Dabbs’ practice includes both counseling and litigation involving:
- Overtime and other wage and hour laws (including the Fair Labor Standards Act, state wage payment statutes, collective actions, and U.S. Department of Labor investigations);
- Employee benefits (including health insurance, disability, pension, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation of benefits, and remedial issues);
- Employment discrimination issues (including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and alleged age and disability discrimination in employee benefits);
- Termination benefits (severance and retention plans, plant closings, unemployment benefits, COBRA, and releases);
- Disability issues (FMLA, ADA public accommodations, and fair housing); and
- Employment applications, contracts, handbooks, policies, terminations, and releases.